La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, August 16, 2017 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Martha Gubler-Pioneer/Founders Day
2. Paula Armstrong-Pioneer/Founders Day
C. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
2. Minutes: August 2, 2017 work meeting and the August 2, 2017 regular meeting
3. Review Invoices and Checks: $276,650.68
D. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
E. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
1. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution R-2017-13; A resolution granting certain nonfinancial assistance to the LaVerkin Community Theater, consisting of limited use of the City’s gym, kitchen/concessions, hallway, and restroom facilities located at 111 South Main Street for FYE 2018.
2. Discussion and possible setting of a public hearing on proposed Surplus Resolution No. R-2017-14, declaring certain property (including a City animal control vehicle) to be surplus, and providing for disposition thereof by public sale.
3. Discussion and possible setting of a public hearing on proposed Surplus Resolution No. R-2017-15, declaring a certain ten-foot strip of real property of the City (located adjacent to 194 North 100 East, LaVerkin, Utah, to be surplus, and providing for its disposition by private sale to an individual.
G. Staff, Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and
Council as follows:
Browning: Historical Preservation, Mosquito Abatement, Beautification/Trails Committee, Water, Solid Waste
Hirschi: Public Safety, Fire District, Planning Commission/Zoning
Leavenworth: Homeland Security/CERT, Confluence Park, Budget
Gubler: Public Works, Utah Shooting Sports Park, Youth City Council
Reeve: Recreation, City Festival, Economic Development, Sewer District
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on August 11, 2017.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder