La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, September 6, 2017 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Paula Armstrong-Pioneer/Founders Day
1. Joni Lyman-Five County Association of Governments Senior Companion and Foster Grandparent programs.
D. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
2. Minutes: August 16, 2017 regular meeting
3. Review Invoices and Checks: $352,955.31
E. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
F. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
G. Public Hearing:
1. To declare surplus and available for sale, trade, and/or appropriate disposition, a 2001 Dodge pickup truck, Ricoh copier and Sharp printer.
2. To declare surplus and available for private sale for a sum certain of a ten-foot-wide strip of real property located adjacent to 194 N 100 E, to the adjacent land owner.
1. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2017-14; A resolution declaring certain property to be surplus and providing for disposition by public sale (See G-1 above).
2. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2017-15; A resolution declaring certain property of the City to be surplus, and providing for its disposition by private sale to an individual (See G-2 above).
3. Discussion and possible action to approve the revised preliminary and final plats and the amended and restated development agreement for the Sunset View Estates subdivision: A development in northeast
La Verkin, located in the currently-undeveloped area east of 200 East, south of 460/500 North, and north of 200 North, and abutting the base of the hillside at approximately 250 East; known as Tax ID # LV-159-K-1 in the records of Washington County, State of Utah
4. Discussion and possible action to approve Ordinance No. 2017-10; An ordinance amending section 5-1-8 of the La Verkin City Code, and providing for the regulation of persons who own, keep or harbor dogs within the city limits which annoy and/or disturb the health and welfare of any person or neighborhood; and providing an effective date.
5. Presentation of a proposed ordinance amending Titles 10 and 3 of the La Verkin City Code, relative to bed and breakfast facilities and vacation rentals within the City of La Verkin.
G. Staff, Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and
Council as follows:
Browning: Historical Preservation, Mosquito Abatement, Beautification/Trails Committee, Water, Solid Waste
Hirschi: Public Safety, Fire District, Planning Commission/Zoning
Leavenworth: Homeland Security/CERT, Confluence Park, Budget
Gubler: Public Works, Utah Shooting Sports Park, Youth City Council
Reeve: Recreation, City Festival, Economic Development, Sewer District
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on September 1, 2017.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder