La Verkin City Council Meeting Agenda
Wednesday, October 4, 2017 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 111 S. Main, LaVerkin, Utah
A. Meeting Called to Order – Invocation by Invitation; Pledge of Allegiance
1. Olivia Sloss
2. Sarah Wilken
1. Water Master Plan-Sunrise Engineering
2. Neighborhood Watch Captains- Jeanette Benson
3. Chief Ben Lee
D. Consent Agenda: (Items on the consent agenda may not require discussion. These items will be a single motion unless removed at the request of the Mayor or City Council.)
1. Declarations of conflict of interest
2. Minutes: September 6, 2017 regular meeting
3. Review Invoices and Checks: $140,877.15
E. Committee Reports: Planning Commission, Water Board, Sewer Board, Fire District
F. Citizen Comment & Request for Future Agenda Items: No action may be taken on a matter raised under this agenda item. This item is reserved for the citizens of La Verkin who have items not listed on this agenda. There is a time limit of 15 minutes with each individual taking no more than two minutes.
1. Discussion and possible action to approve a Development Agreement with La Verkin Hospitality to allow for the construction of a hotel building in excess of thirty-five feet (35’) and not more than fifty-seven feet (57’) in height, on property located at approximately 403 North State Street.
2. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2017-16; a resolution authorizing and approving a Memorandum of Agreement with the Dixie Metropolitan Planning Organization for the partial funding of a General Plan Update and Transportation Plan for the City of La Verkin.
3. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. R-2017-17; a resolution adopting the first amended Washington County Mutual Aid Agreement, an Interlocal Cooperative Agreement with Washington County and several local governmental entities.
H. Staff, Mayor & Council Reports: City Administrator, Public Safety, Director of Operations, Treasurer, Mayor and
Council as follows:
Browning: Historical Preservation, Mosquito Abatement, Beautification/Trails Committee, Water, Solid Waste
Hirschi: Public Safety, Fire District, Planning Commission/Zoning
Leavenworth: Homeland Security/CERT, Confluence Park, Budget
Gubler: Public Works, Utah Shooting Sports Park, Youth City Council
Reeve: Recreation, City Festival, Economic Development, Sewer District
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, individuals needing special accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services) during this meeting should notify Kyle Gubler, City Recorder, (435) 635-2581, at least 48 hours in advance.
Certificate of Posting
The undersigned City Recorder does hereby certify that the agenda was sent to each member of the governing body, sent to the Spectrum newspaper,
111 S. Main and 435 N. Main on September 29, 2017.
Kyle Gubler, City Recorder